Objectives of the ARMA
- Offer classes, workshops, and seminars through a continually-revised system of established drills and exercises (Armatura).
- Provide a training program allowing students to learn and practice within a common structure that is historically valid and martially sound.
- Advance the quality of skills demonstrated with medieval and Renaissance weaponry.
- Improve the relationship between practitioners and academics in order to stimulate the exchange of knowledge and encourage understanding of historical European combat skills.
- Raise the level of scholarship within the historical fencing community with its emerging interest in source texts.